On episode 11 of Your Financial Compass, Scott introduces us to a strategy that can help you achieve your financial goals in retirement – The Bucket Strategy. The Bucket Strategy is a simple yet powerful approach to organizing your investments and ensuring that you have a reliable stream of income in retirement. It consists of three “buckets” – Safety, Income, and Growth.
In this episode, we’ll be exploring each of these buckets in detail and discussing how they can help you achieve financial security. Scott will provide specific examples of what kinds of investments you typically see in each bucket and how risk and time horizons play an important role in utilizing the strategy.
By the end of this episode, you’ll have a clear understanding of The Bucket Strategy and how it can help you achieve financial security.
Here is some of what you will learn in this episode:
- Scott introduces The Bucket Strategy and its components of safety, income and growth. (1:10)
- Visualizing the three buckets involved in the strategy. (2:27)
- The Income Bucket. If you’re retiring, what streams of income are going to provide you with ongoing dollars to fund your lifestyle? (3:26)
- The Safety Bucket. This might be money that you don’t need right now, but might need to tap into it in a few years. (6:50)
- The Growth Bucket. Most of the dollars in this bucket are positioned for long term growth. Scott explains why it’s ok that money in this bucket is exposed to more risk. (8:42)
If you have any questions about what we discussed or anything else in your financial plan, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org