Last year was a very turbulent year in the stock market and many people will look back on 2022 without many good things to say, but some positives emerged out of the turbulence. Today we’ll share one of those for us and that was our exposure to Innovator Funds.
Bennett Feyerer, External Sales Consultant with Innovator, joins us today to talk about these Defined Outcome ETFs or ‘buffer funds’ as we call them. We’ve been utilizing them quite a bit since the market turbulence started and wanted to tell you about them on this podcast.
If you’ve been curious at all about how these buffer funds work and whether they might be worth considering, join us for this conversation with Bennett.
Here is some of what you will learn in this episode:
- Background on Bennett and Innovator. (1:40)
- How these buffer funds work. (4:01)
- How the downside buffer stays the same but the cap changes. (7:29)
- What Innovator does to stay competitive in this space and provide for its investors. (12:12)
- The bond alternative product they offer that works on a shorter time frame. (14:38)
- How might these funds change in the coming years as economic conditions change? (16:01)
If you have any questions about what we discussed or anything else in your financial plan, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org